USD 298 Lincoln utilizes the parent notification system – SchoolMessenger.
This system will allow the district to send information quickly via email, text or phone. The district will utilize the system to send alerts and messages, such as school closings, activity changes, and reminders.
Contact Information for the SchoolMessenger System is obtained from PowerSchool. Please contact Mandi Crist @ Lincoln Elementary (785) 524-4487 or email email@example.com or Charlene Batchman @ Lincoln Jr/Sr High School (785) 524-4193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any demographic changes such as phone number, email, or mailing addresses.
For School Messenger questions and changes, please contact Norma Kobbeman at the USD 298 Lincoln board office (785) 524-4436 or email@example.com.
As a parent or guardian of a student enrolled in USD 298 Lincoln, will I need to register or sign-up to receive messages from SchoolMessenger?
If you are a parent or guardian of a student enrolled in USD 298, you are not required to register for the SchoolMessenger. Contact information is obtained from PowerSchool (the district student information system).
How will parents/guardians be notified by SchoolMessenger?
As the parent/guardian of a student, it is important for you to understand how messages will be delivered to you.
- For non-emergency messages, you will receive a telephone call.
- Should a school emergency occur, in addition to being called at home, you will also be notified through the various phone numbers you have provided.
- In addition to being notified by phone during a school emergency, you will also receive messages via e-mail and text message.
- This new notification system has the capability of calling two of your phone numbers (home and cell) and sending messages to one e-mail account.
- Multiple phone numbers and e-mail addresses will only be used to notify you during a school emergency, closing, or cancellation.
How will SchoolMessenger messages be delivered to staff?
SchoolMessenger will be used to communicate with staff in a timely manner during an emergency, school closing, or cancellation due to inclement weather. However, since SchoolMessenger will also be used for non-emergency situations, it could be used to communicate with staff on an as-needed basis. For all staff members, SchoolMessenger messages will be delivered as follows:
- Non-emergency messages - you will receive a telephone call most likely to your home phone. In most cases, such a message would be school-generated. If you have Caller ID, the district office phone number will appear in the display.
- Emergency, cancellation, or delay messages - you will receive multiple messages that will be sent to your home and cell phone, text, and e-mail (if provided).
How will I know that I have received a message from SchoolMessenger?
Here is what you need to know about receiving a phone call via SchoolMessenger:
- If you have Caller ID, USD 298 Lincoln district office main phone number (785) 524-4436 will appear in the display.
- SchoolMessenger will leave a message on any answering machine or voicemail. An audio file will also be sent to your email address.
- A live or machine answer will complete the notification cycle and cease any future calls for a particular message broadcast. If the SchoolMessenger system encounters a busy, no answer or failed (bad number or line) condition, the system will typically retry that number(s) 5 times.
- Depending on the type of call (emergency/non-emergency), you may receive simultaneous calls on your home and cell numbers.