Our district recently applied for a Victory Innovations Professional Cordless Electrostatic Handheld Sprayer through the “Keep Kids Healthy” initiative sponsored by Victory Innovations. The Victory sprayer was received last week. Almost 650 school districts across the United States received the sprayer, valued at $799, to help prevent the spread of flu and other viruses.
According to ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, the impacts of cold and flu outbreaks in schools are vast:
· Every year, 38 million school days are lost to influenza and 22 million are lost due to the common cold.
· Students are absent more than four days a year on average, and chronically absent students are seven times more likely to drop out of school
· Teachers are absent for more than five days per year on average, accounting for a loss of more than $25 billion in school budgets annually.
The Victory Innovation sprayer features electrostatic technology that provides an electrical charge to solutions, allowing them to wrap conductive surfaces with more efficient and even coverage. There is no need to touch or wipe surfaces. The sprayer allows schools to apply disinfectant in classrooms and gyms without the hindrance of a power cord, using additional cleaning tools or downtime for treatment to take effect. The sprayer will save schools critical time and money.
Check out these Top 5 facts based on survey results from a study by ISSA:
· Water fountains and cafeterias are the most infected areas within a school – 800x more than toilet seats
· 40% of schools do not have an infection control protocol to proactively fight the flu
· 60 million school days are missed every year by students because of flu and sickness
· School buses and gyms are the least treated areas within schools, yet carry a lot of germs and bacteria
· $25 billion is the cost schools incur because of teacher absenteeism and hiring substitute teachers
Thank you, Victory Innovations for donating this cutting-edge disinfecting sprayer to our district!